Pages

Friday, November 26, 2010

Remiscing

My family decided to watch a movie and me, being the responsible student that I am, decided to go study instead. One hulu episode and 30 minutes of facebooking later I decided it was time to hit the books. However, fate was to intervene. I glanced up at my bulletin-turned-quote board that I made at the beginning of high school.

To give you a better vision: the background is black paper, and about 3/4 of it is full with decoratively cut-out quotes that were printed in all different colors. I took a random approach to picking quotes - some funny, some inspirational, some romantic, some just random (when I got tired of looking but needed more to fill up my board) The last 1/4 of the board is a little chaotic - school projects, old corsages from dances, track ribbons, pictures of friends, notes from loved ones, pictures, etc.

I was hit with a wave of reminiscing over the good times I've had in the past. The incredible people I've had a chance to meet. The talented teams I was on that allowed me to cut our net down year after year, the chance to compete at State in track and basketball. The great prom dates, and the stupid ones too <3 My friends from childhood, and those that I picked up later in life :) All of them who accepted me for my crazy goofy self. Even though I didn't intend to write a thanksgiving blog, I guess I kind of am. Even though I haven't always taken the easiest path, I am so so glad that I took the one I did. I may not of been grateful to have been stuck in Burbank for 16 years of my life, but as it turns out, I had pretty dang good childhood. I may have picked the wrong school to go to originally, but hey, I'm at the right one now. I may have picked the wrong people to trust and give my heart too, but I now I know who really has my back. When it comes down to it, as one of my quotes says "It's about the journey, not the destination"

Anywhooo, I'm going to cut myself off before I bore you, BUT, for those of you who wish to continue, I'm going to list some of my favorite quotes from my quote board. I'll just admit it right now, I love cheesy quotes, so for all you haters out there.....suck it! haha jk......


"If you don't like something change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."

"Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved"

"Success is how high you bounce after you hit bottom"

"As we grow up, we learn that even the one person that wasn't supposed to EVER let you down probably will. You will have your heart broken, probably more than once, and its harder every time. You'll break hearts to, so remember how it felt when yours was broken. You'll fight with your best friend, and you'll blame a new love for things an old one did. You'll cry because time is passing too fast and you'll eventually lose someone you love, so take too many pictures, laugh too much, and love like you've never been hurt because every sixty seconds you spend upset is a minute of happiness you'll never get back <3

"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on"

"What lies before us and what lies beyond us is tiny compare to what lies within us"

"The lesson is in the struggle, not in the victory."

"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal"

"When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, the we do not see the ones which open for us"

"If your ship doesn't come in, swim to it"

"Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't and believe that everything happens for a reason. IF you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said that it'd be easy, they just promised it would be worth it."

<3 <3 That's all for now folks

No comments:

Post a Comment