Pages

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Future Frenzy

So I have been neglectful to writing in my blog, my goal was to do at least 1 post each week (oops!) However, I have been too busy enjoying the people in my life to write. Please forgive me!

For those of us hitting the job market, November means one thing; second round interviews! (okay, maybe its just me and my habit of interviewing everywhere....) I kicked off this November with Liberty Mutual. I really liked all the people I met there and they offered me a very generous salary, but my gut tells me its not the place for me. Maybe its just that after my corporate, working in downtown Seattle, experience from the summer I was scared away, but I think that is because I won't be happy in a similar situation to this summer. Who knows though, I definitely haven't made up my mind; I have to wait for feedback from all my interviews before making any final decisions.

I just finished my interview at Boeing today and now I can say I survived my first "team project" interview. I don't like them. Especially when two of my teammates take way too long talking, completely blowing the presentation, and also, taking all of my presentation time, leaving me to just sit and watch........awesome. So not sure what I'm going to hear back from Boeing....

Interview at Foster Farms the next two days. I can honestly say that I am really exhausted and super stoked to get more than 5 hours of sleep. Thanksgiving break is going to rock! Oh wait, my family is crazy and gets up at 7:00 am. So much for more sleep.

Anyways, on top of that I've been trying really really hard to transform my attitude about the future. By nature, I am a worrier; to a certain extent its who I am. However, I am a logical enough person that I have learned that fearing for the worst does not prevent the worst from happening, it just affects your current happiness. So I've been trying not to worry about things that are out of my control, like entering the real world and having to start over again, going to China and all that comes along with that, and much more. As the saying goes "God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference."

I'm mostly working on the whole accepting the things I cannot change part :)

Till next time loves! (send me happy thoughts for my interview day tomorrow! 4 nights in a row of less than 6 hours of sleep.....I'll need it)

No comments:

Post a Comment