Pages

Thursday, December 16, 2010

when you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on

A lot has happened since I last wrote. The couple weeks of happiness and bliss ended very abruptly. I think it started with shitty weather over thanksgiving break cramping my style. Then came the the series of phone calls and texts the night before thanksgiving that came persistantly until i answered. Wanted to prevent another 45 missed call night so I answered and got entertained by "he who must not be named." I just say this because I feel that's how my family approaches him, like he's effing Voldermort or something. The call left me unphased, as I am in a great relationship, and have been unphased by this fellows shenanigans for the past year at least. However, I managed to let it slip to my lovely mom the reason I was so drowsy the next day. Somehow the info was passed to my dad, who drilled me over the breakfast table where my grandma was listening. An anger possessed her that I've never seen before and she let me have it. I have never in my life had her yell at me, so myself and the rest of my family members were fairly astounded to say the least. So I guess that's what I get for trying to do a good deed for an old, (although admittedy crazy) friend. Ooops

Next we were launched back into school, where I must say, I feel like teachers were giving this very specific message "You enjoyed your Thanksgiving break? WEll F*** you. We are going to make your life hell" Along with three final exams to take (2 weeks before finals) I managed to get my car stuck 3 times in 1 evening, kill my battery and have to revive it at 5am, spend $586 on tires, and play a key role in our team losing in an intramural basketball game. To top the week off I got a little too enthusiastic with my celebrating on Friday and learned that I in NO WAY can handle taking 3 shots in 1 evening. Yipes. Let's just say when it comes to puking I was going for a marathon, not a sprint.

To say the least, it was a rough week, but I survived, and all the thing that happened were fairly petty. Being busy 18 hours a day will prepare me for later in life I'm sure. The next week took its toll on me too, but some good things happened during this time as well. I got to go to my first ever Apple Cup, and even though we lost, it was lots of fun. I've been up to the mountain 3 times to attempt snowboarding; although I'm not sure how I feel about the sport, I love the adventure and the challenge. I've made new friends, and bonded with old ones before they head off into the next chapter of their life.

Shockingly, I didn't do super well on my 3 tests. I've had a few minor meltdowns and if you were one of the people who helped me through; thank you.

I guess what I've learned these past three weeks (or re-learned) is: things go wrong, people steal your ideas, people get sick, people say things that hurt your feelers and sometimes you fail. It's okay though. Life goes on because when things go wrong, someone's act of kindness helps you out of a rough patch. When people are jerks, you're friends will be there to back you up and laugh it off. When you're sad, you have people to hold you both literally and figuratively. Lastly, when I fail I learn much more about how to be successful in the future. I'm not sure where that came from or if it makes sense. I need to get back to studying though. I'm looking forward to reconnecting with everyone over break!

No comments:

Post a Comment