Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Roller Coasters

Me: "Talk about an emotional roller coaster"
Friend: "At least you like roller coasters"
Me: "not for too long, cuz then they make you puke. I think I'm at the metaphorical puking stage"
Friend: "Yeah dude, I think you need to take a break"

Isn't that just the most entertaining conversation ever? I'm not going to lie, as of right now I'm in one of those places where I really wish I could just erase my memory and not ever have to think about the things that happened in the last couple of months. Unfortunately I can't do that, at least not that I know of, unless that contraption from Men in Black is real and the government is just hiding it from us! (yeah I just went there)

I know I need to shake things off and move on and I am trying really hard to do so. I have no doubt that I'll get there, because I always do. It's hard not to worry about the future though. I am afraid that I won't be able to meet awesome new people now that I'm not in college anymore, or that I'll never find a guy who actually appeals to me on the West side. Or that I will continue my pattern of falling for the wrong ones. Yes, I realize this is absolutely ridiculous and illogical, but hey, its still something that crosses my mind every once in a while.

I am unnerved by the fact that I am a small town girl from Eastern Washington and lots of people on the west side look down upon that. Not because I care what they think, but because it creates a barrier between us, plus we just don't have as many common interests. I I like where I'm from and the people from where I'm from. I hope I can find my niche over here sooner rather than later :)

As far as a life update: I went to my first official day of work on Friday and got all my fancy goodies including a laptop and phone :) I am super excited to start my career at Boeing and cannot wait to see what the future holds. I'm STILL working on unpacking and getting my place in order. Gosh, moving is a pain in the butt. Well, that's about it for now. I have way too much to do and should probably get back to it!

Till next time <3

2 comments:

  1. I am excited for your new stage in life. You are going to kick butt over on the west side, you always do wherever you go.

    ReplyDelete