Pages

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Pursuit of Happiness

"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal" I haven't blogged in a while and I want to get more into it again. My life is so different now. Instead of stumbling through the college social scene I am experiencing the beginning steps of my career. I am currently determining my future path. It is exciting and intimidating at the same time. I am blessed to have a challenging job in the field I feel I was meant to be in. Who knows, this may change over time, but for right now I am pretty happy in project management. My whole life I have been a planner/organizer/coordinator of people and events. It is something I am drawn too and almost cannot help but do. The question is though - where do I go from here? The goal-oriented, ambitious side of me is growing impatient while the side of me that observes others and listens to my mentors tells me to have patience and work to absorb as much as I possibly can where I am at. My current struggle is knowing when to say no, when to say yes, and when to push for more. I feel like I don't have enough experience to make this call and get it right, yet I find myself confronted with this decision on an almost daily basis. I am learning to doubt myself less and confidently stand behind what I say. At the same time I am learning to put myself in my peers, team members, and superiors shoes before making a rash judgement. I know one thing for sure, which is that my number one priority in life is to be happy, however, I am still working on defining what happiness means to me.