Pages

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Try and Catch Me Now

Wow, so first of all, I would like to apologize for my lack of blogging lately. Now, onto sharing some deep incites I'm sure you are all dieing to hear.

My life is really, really great right now. I just want to get that out there :) I am in a great relationship, and for the first time in a very long time feel like I'm in a fairly stable place, and am very okay with that. Also, after a visit from my parents I am reminded just how incredibly lucky I am to have them as parents. Now, on to blogging.

For the past few years my life has been all about change and turbulence, and any time it threatened to get stable I would get a panicky feeling that I was going to get trapped in the place I was at. For the next few years I think my life will still have a lot of change; I like the challenge of trying new things and I love new adventures. I don't expect that to change anytime soon, but maybe the change will not be quite as frequent as it was in college.

I've been surfing youtube a lot lately, and other than discovering Jenna Marbles' video blog, which is pretty fantasticly weird and hilarious, I also like watching music videos. Now, it shouldn't really come as a surprise that I was listening/watching Taylor Swift music videos. On the little sidebar of suggestions I saw her video "White Horse" pop up and I had a little flash memory.

The first time I ever heard this song I had a really strong emotional response, it eerily resembled my first real relationship. The general message of the song is "its too late to catch me now." I still feel empowered by those lyrics. I tried to live by this attitude as much as I could, and after years of struggling, at some point, it became absolutely true.

I look at the person I have become and all that I've experienced and accomplished over the past 4 years and I am really proud that I didn't let the past hold me back; not any of it. I never want to lose my sense of adventure, and I never want to take on a defeated attitude. Almost everyone has been hurt at some point, and almost everyone has hurt someone. It is how we react in these situations that determine where our future lies.

If you haven't heard it: enjoy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1Xr-JFLxik&ob=av3n

No comments:

Post a Comment