Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

Hello Adventure

A lot has happened since I wrote my last blog. After writing it I vowed to write at least one more before I left because I knew my emotions were affecting my attitude. Now look at me....writing it with less than 10 hours left here...... I can't believe that I am flying out in the morning!! It's so surreal to me that this is actually happening. About this time last year I saw the presentation for study abroad in China but never thought it would be feasible but here I am.

I am still pretty scared/nervous about what it's going to be like. I've never been out of the country without my family. More than that though, I am just nervous about moving in to the next phase of my life. I'm really excited, but the real world is a little bit intimidating!

I am also really sad, but not in a bad way. It hit me when my boss said good bye that my time being a student at WSU is over. I am so incredibly glad I decided to transfer here. I feel like I grew into my own person, but most of all I am thankful for the friends I have made. I am seriously overwhelmed by the kindness of the Pullman family over the past couple weeks. Every one of you has really come through for me in your own way and I'm an incredibly thankful for it. I have really, really been enjoying my life! I'm not sure it could get much better :) It's totally awesome to feel like this, but it also means that I have something more to lose, which is unnerving.

Those are really the only two even close to negative emotions I'm feeling. I mostly am incredibly stoked to be starting my new adventure! I have no idea what to expect, but I'm counting on it being one of the greatest times of my life. Not only am I excited for China, I am also excited to get started at my job at Boeing, and get settled in on the west side. I have a feeling its going to be an awesome summer :)

All I know is that these days I find myself smiling a lot, especially when I am thinking about the people in my life, and the adventures to come. I may have gone through a minor rough patch, but I'm better for it now! I think I'm going to start a new tradition of ending each blog with a quote. You guys will probably of heard a lot of them or seen them on my profile, but that's okay because quotes are awesome.

"Maybe some women aren't meant to be tamed. Maybe they are meant to run free until they find someone just as wild to run with"

No comments:

Post a Comment